object [n. ob-jikt]
1. anything that is visible or tangible and is relatively stable in form.
2. a thing, person, or matter to which thought or action is directed: an object of medical investigation.
3. the end toward which effort or action is directed; goal; purpose: Profit is the object of business.
4. a person or thing with reference to the impression made on the mind or the feeling or emotion elicited in an observer: an object of curiosity and pity.
5. anything that may be apprehended intellectually: objects of thought.
That’s a broad definition! (And that doesn’t count “object” as a verb). Because much of my work is created in series, the Objects Portfolio, is for those items that are not part of a series, but worthy of consideration.